ConArena (Laboratory of Research in Conflicts and Negotiations in Environmental Arenas)
The group was created in the second half of the 1990s and has been producing knowledge about social conflicts involving:
- Multiple uses of natural resources, whether due to scarcity or abundance;
- Technological disasters or environmental catastrophes;
- Uses of land with special attention to the conflicts between urbanization and conservation of biodiversity;
- Overlap between development policies and conservationist policies.
- The group’s major results involve:
- The development of a proper concept of social and arena conflicts related to the use of natural resources and disasters;
- Establishment of a methodology for arena analysis and conflict management.